The end of 2019 is quickly approaching and 2020 is just around the corner. As a business owner, it’s important to take a step back and reflect on the past year. Sitting down to examine fundamental questions will help you regroup on your top priorities and set goals for the upcoming year.
Below, we’ve outlined essential questions to ask yourself:
- How has your dental practice grown in the past year?
- What happened this year within your practice that you are most proud of?
- What did you fall short on this year? Why did you fall short?
- How do you want next year to be different than this year?
- What is your five-year vision for your practice?
- What steps can your practice take in the next six months to begin making this vision come to life?
Set aside time in the next few weeks to answer these questions collaboratively with your staff. Employees may bring up points you didn’t think of yourself, or have unique opinions on positives and negatives of the year. Encourage your team to talk openly about the past year and decide together what lies ahead. The habit of reflection will build upon a company culture of transparency, self-awareness, and self-betterment.
As we embark on this new decade, we are reflecting on these same questions at membersy. We are thrilled to be trail-blazers in the dental industry and look forward to what is to come!